Thursday, July 15, 2010

Barefoot Coffee Roasters

I had an epiphany about ice cream a few years back. I have always been a lover of the chilled treat, lactose intolerance and all. Then I discovered those little premium pints full of decadent flavor and richness. I realized, it only took a few small spoons of the really good stuff to satisfy my craving. I could eat a massive serving of the cheap stuff, 500 calories or more of it, and not feel as good as a few small spoons of the other. It was quality over quantity.



Alas, I have found the equivalent for coffee. Now, when I first walked in and ordered a latte at Barefoot Coffee Roasters in Santa Clara, I was very disappointed at the peewee sized cup I received. Until I tasted it. It was pure and complex, with nothing but expresso and soy milk. How could they make it taste like that with just two ingredients? It was life changing. No longer do I need a sugar laden venti blah blah blah from that super coffee conglomerate. Give me a tiny cup of joy from Barefoot Coffee Roasters any day.



BCR recently upgraded the counter a bit, and added this new Handpour Bar. I can assure you, nothing like this has ever come out of my home coffee maker. So todays pictures are from my morning coffee at Barefoot Coffee Roasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment