Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bored


Holy Hell it was hot in valley today.  We're cresting the hump of a three day meltdown on the West coast.  With no air conditioning in my tiny shack, there is no salvation.  Yesterday's high 90's had me filling ill, so with the temp expected to surpass that today, the only thing I could do was skip town to the breezy coast.  The temperature reading in my car read 98 when we left, and hit 109 just before hitting the Santa Cruz Mountains.  Upon arrival to the beaches in Santa Cruz, it was back down to the 80's.  That's easily the highest temps I've seen it in Santa Cruz.
The calm waters were filled with sleek, black suited surfers.  If even a tiny, three foot wave made it's way in, there was a tussle for a spot to hitch a ride.   Certainly it was a fine excuse to cool off in the chilly Pacific waters.  As you can see in this picture, there was a lot more sweet boredom than boarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment